Monday, November 19, 2012

Baseball Tantrum

Last night I had a dream that I was playing baseball in the hallway of a house.  I was up to bat, and the pitcher was not very far away.  He'd wind up and throw, and I'd swing and miss because I wouldn't have time to see the ball.  There were a few people there that I knew - this guy Ryan from middle school that I haven't talked to or seen in years, and my cousin Cam were among them.  After I got fed up with striking out, I complained that the whole thing was a joke.  Actually it was more like I threw a tantrum.  The distance from the pitcher to the batter was supposed to be 45 feet, and instead it was around 8 feet.  That's why I couldn't see the ball.  I demonstrated that the measurement was off by laying down, showing everyone that I was slightly over six feet tall and that obviously, the pitcher was way too close.  We decided to take the game outside.  Then I couldn't find my glasses, so I was worried that I'd come up to bat without my glasses on, which I would need to see the ball clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment