Saturday, December 8, 2012

A business appointment that went wrong

I had an appointment to meet with someone about a loan.  They requested that I meet with them at their condo, which was on the 94th floor in a building in downtown Seattle.  It was dark when I headed over there.  When I got there, it seemed to be the same building as the downtown Marriott, which I only knew because the building is shaped like a tall cylinder.  I got into the elevator and pushed 94.  The ride up was taking awhile, and I realized that I didn't have my tie on yet.  I stopped the elevator at a lower floor and got out to tie my tie.  I don't remember getting back in the elevator but somehow I was inside someone's condo (with my tie on) and it was the wrong person.  It was about 6:00 on a weeknight, and there were a few people in there, having drinks and smoking.  They had a beautiful view of the whole city but didn't seem to notice or care.  I remember thinking to myself that they must not work.  Whatever the case, they weren't the people that I had the appointment with.  I apologized and started out towards door, but they got really mad and started yelling at me.  They said I had trespassed on their property.  I don't know why I didn't just continue leaving, but instead I got down on all fours and kind of started to cower as they just kept berating me.  They said they were performing a citizen's arrest on me.

1 comment: